Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Frown that makes me pity future boyfriends

I had to bring her out in the rain with me yesterday to get a few things. People tend not to approve of leaving children at home unattended or in the car with the windows up. So, I threw on her rain coat strapped her into her car seat. This didn't go down to well as the rain coat is so padded impinges on one of her favorite activities that is putting her hands in her mouth and the car seat straps further adds to the fist in the mouth dilemma.
When I got to the shopping center I had to get a USB stick in the electrical store so in my best time saving efforts I carried her in car seat and all and dumped her on the ground beside me so I could talk to the assistant. I've always noticed that people tend to go out of their way to coo and babble and comment on how cute babies are, it seems to be built in genetically to us. But no, not my pink pig, she is in such bad form from being discommoded from her play mat, refused access to her hands and then landed on the floor of a shop that all she can do is frown. Her frown unfortunately is not like any I've ever seen before on any child. It is really heavy and means business very Damien Omenesque , if she wasn't my child I would have backed away slowly and never turning my back to her, which coincidentally, is exactly what the assistant did.

It's not often she uses it but the best way I can describe it is, its like Maggie's baby nemesis frown off the Simpson's.

Another example of Pink Pigs super evil stare was a few weeks ago on a trip to Scotland we stopped into a restaurant  for some lunch. As I went up to pay the bill the waitress at the counter looked over and started to say something about such a cute baby when.......... the frown came out. The poor woman trailed off half way through her sentence, took my money and we promptly left.

No comments:

Post a Comment