Friday, October 29, 2010

Pig gets her shots today - Calpol--safety dilemma

I woke up this morning in a sweat, the day I'd been dreading for weeks. I hadn't told Pink Pig whats in store for her, I can tell you she wouldn't approve.

Its time for her 4 month vaccinations. The last set of shots she got had her mad at me for hours, she howled like Cerberus at the gates of hell. whilst pitifully staring up at me questioning why was I using her like my own home made pin cushion.  Whatever about her I'm not going through that again, I think I'd have emancipation papers filed to me by the time we get home.

So I've being doing some research. and Calpol appears to be the instrument of choice for mothers. Wanting to be sure its safe for such a young baby I did a bit of research and found that there have been studies to show a significant increases in the number of cases of asthma AND eczema in babies who've been given Calpol. I don't want her to have any of those! At the same time I don't want to feel the stings of the needles so bad, the betrayal in her eyes would be too much to bear!

What to do, what to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment